Monday 2 December 2013

A Phone Sex Voice and Getting Things into Perspective!

Friday November 29th.

Another change of PJs during the night!

I still have voice like a phone sex lady [or what I imagine a phone sex lady would sound like]! LOL.
My nose still feels as though I have a tampon up each nostril.

Laura forced me to eat a bowl of soup last night and left two more for me to eat during today. There were threats of Big Trouble if I didn’t! Those are my Mum & Dad’s words coming back again ‘Big Trouble’. I never even found out what Little Trouble was like, never mind the Big variety.

This morning I had a visit from Muriel [no Ken], Julie [Andrew’s at Work], Steve and Ann, Sarah [from the pool], Simone [Russell’s out somewhere] but no Deirdre [she’s in Scotland at the moment]. That’s all the neighbours in my row popping in to check that I am alright. Jungle telegraph or what?
Unknown to each of them, I was asleep on the sofa pushing the zeds when they arrived. It was only Callie’s demented barking that woke me, and enabled me to pretend I was wide awake. Still, with each one I had a cuppa, which means my liquid intake is OK. We had a good gossip too. Claire didn’t say that Sarah joined the winning Scampi team in her phone message. They had a great night, made even more silly by them trying to remember the last time I had been ill. They remembered my ankle, but that hadn’t see me bed ridden. One of them said she thought the bugs would be too scared to come near me. [I found that a bit upsetting, TBH, and my eyes may have gone slightly watery. I don’t think Sarah spotted it.]

Simone spent her time telling me about how they had nearly divorced over redecorating their lounge! Which was quite hilarious, especially the bit when she described Russell stepping into the roller tray full of paint! He blamed her for putting it there but she was able to stand her ground and remind him he was the one who’d moved it! He is a bit of a pillock to be honest. Luckily his painted footprints were only on the plastic dust sheets.

Julie was all solicitous and worried about me. She has been the oldest friend of mine on the row, helping me out on the day I moved in and being pretty close ever since. She sees to Callie for me when I am at work. She has even been known to take her for a walk once in a while. [I think she was appalled by the kennel I made in the back of the shed in my garden –even though it has all mod cons! On winter days she has Callie round at her house only using the palace if she has to go out!]

Steve and Ann have invited me to bring Callie picking up with them when I am feeling better. That is great. I haven’t done any for a while and getting my face known locally may mean I get some valuable training in for Number One Gundog mine! Steve said to bring my gun in the car too, because sometimes one of the paying guns doesn’t turn up so they offer the peg to any of the pickers up who want it! This could mean a £2000 per day shoot for free! I am all for that. The biggest perk, apart from being paid [about £50 per day] and training your dog, is each picker up is given a brace of birds too.

Muriel arrived at the same as Mum so they sat and had a gossip about me for a while – I am afraid I dozed off again. When I re-joined the living they both turned on me and forced a bowl of Laura’s soup down my neck. {OK, not literally! LOL} It is pretty nice soup and I am obviously getting slightly better as I didn’t need to add loads of condiment to it in order to taste it. It was a chicken and noodle, Chinese style soup. That’s what’s in the second bowl too. Mum stayed until about 2 again and then left me dozing; using Y!A [I got to Level 7! Yaaay!]; and going to the loo to release the pressure on my bladder!

Callie didn’t bark when Laura came in and I woke up to being kissed. What a lovely way to wake up. I hoped my breath wasn’t stinky poo, but I have been having a go at it with the tooth brush after every attempt at eating more soup! I responded to her kisses in kind but when she slipped her hand inside my PJ jacket I just had to say that I didn’t think I was up to any hanky panky! Fondling my nipples didn’t begin to make me moist never mind creating the usual river that can flow down there.

I can’t believe that, can you? Turning down a bonk. I obviously aren’t all that better yet!

She was working at the restaurant again, so she left at just before 7 and got back at around 11.20. I was pushing the zeds again but I had done an absolute load on the tree of life embroidery. Almost four hours of uninterrupted sewing. Yes, I did nod off twice before but when I awoke I got up, let Callie out for an ablution and had a cuppa. I was only asleep for minutes each time. Honest.

St. Andrew’s Day! [Saturday November 30th]

OMG, all those poor people on the Eve of St Andrew’s!

I feel bad here with my flu but imagine being in the Clutha last night! It is quite a popular bar, just a spit from the Clyde. It doesn’t bear thinking about. I was getting stressed over not being able to go and see the Arcadia Quartet tonight. Just shows how petty our worries can be. The startling thing is there are so many helicopters flying about these days it literally could happen anywhere at any time!

This morning I was 37.6 so I am on the right side of the fever. I still have a gravel voice and bunged up nose but now I don’t feel so hot and sweaty – Laura was spared changing my PJs with me in the night! I ate all of her soup yesterday and I admit I did feel a pang of hunger come on first thing. Sadly I couldn’t even manage to finish my bowl of cereal but Callie was happy!

Feli came to see me at about 10am. She had a bunch of flowers and a get well card. I gave her a hug and thanked her profusely to which she said, “Oh, they aren’t from me. Mandy gave them to me yesterday to pass on to you!” Is that the normal gesture from an undergraduate to her tutor? I am beginning to fret a little. Laura said if she’d had a tutor she felt a connection to, and that tutor was ill, she’d send flowers too. So that’s alright then.

I had tried to take Callie for a morning walk this morning [it was so nice and sunny] but I got as far as the first bench up the hill and was completely buggered. Loll took the pup on to the woods and I sat on the bench until they were out of sight, when I wobbled back home. I had to wait or Callie would have come hurtling back to me, if she’d seen me! She has done this before.  To take my mind off feeling like crap I made one of my 6 minute chocolate cakes. It is a microwave recipe and is simplicity itself to bake.

I was just washing up the mixer when Laura returned with a bedraggled puppy who launched herself at me and sent the mixer blades flying! She hasn’t done that for ages. [The jumping up, not sending the mixer blades flying.] I wonder if she can sense there’s something wrong with me. Maybe she can smell it. The BMJ had an article a couple of weeks ago about dogs being able to smell cancer! The mixer blades just clattered to the floor, which was bloody lucky as they are as sharp as a razor and would have done one of us serious damage if we’d been caught by them.

Loll was surprised that I had baked while she’d been out. I had even done a chocolate butter cream filling and topping for the cake. It was a few minutes after that when Feli arrived, so we had warm cake with our cuppa. I actually enjoyed it. OK, I only had a sliver really compared to the door wedge I would normally have had, but I actually enjoyed it. More progress.

Feli had an OMG moment when she saw how far I had got with the tree of life. It’s almost finished. Well, when you are at a loose end, why not continue with the work? She thinks it is stunning. I have made two mistakes in the stitching which drive me batty every time I look at it, but Feli doesn’t even know what I am talking about when I mention them. They are in such awkward places and, as I had done more work around them, they will be impossible to unpick. Laura, who has had them pointed out, says that you wouldn’t know if they weren’t pointed out and that putting deliberate mistakes in their work has been done by artists for centuries. I always smile when I get my own words echoed back at me!

Mum called while Feli was still here and they embarked on a long and very animated conversation in French. I hate it when she does that. [Mum that is. She does stuff that makes you feel not a part of what is going on.] She had some cake too. I asked Mum if she’d like my Arcadia ticket but she had to decline. She is on a date! OMG. She is seeing Tim Carr again. Oh No, Mum! Well, I guess she is old enough to do what she wants. Feli said she’d have it as she was not with a guy at the moment and an evening of “English Culture” would be a change. I told her she was a patronising cow. She told me I was just a cow!

That was settled though. Feli and Laura did go the concert and loved it. Laura said the Debussy was just as good as 360’s version and the rest was OK too. Praise indeed. I think that may have been the first Classical concert she has been to without Yours Truly. If you love someone set them free?

I stayed at home and finished the Tree of life completely. I also finished off the remains of the chocolate cake too. I must be getting better. Dad called from Cochem and said they were having a whale of a time and may be a day later coming back. How can he manage that with his lecture schedule? We had a minor contretemps earlier this week when he revealed they’d be leaving on Thursday. I thought he’d said the first weekend in December, which I thought meant next weekend, but he thinks that means this weekend as tomorrow is Dec 1st! We agreed to differ on what “the first weekend” meant.

 I had a chat with Hilmar too. He sounded quite frail and I was surprised. Although Dad is 60 and Hilmar is easily 20 years older than that, so I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised at all, TBH. He told me he has put some Rulander in with my order because it is extra special this year. If he says that, it will be exceptional because he is not given to using superlatives at all. I promised to try and get down to see him and the family at Easter. He said that I MUST do. So I have been told. LOL.

Dad is still going to sleep over, but a night later than planned. I had warned him about the flu earlier on but he said he would buy a respirator for him and Louisa on the journey just to make sure they’ll be safe. He has to stop here so I can get my grubby little dipsomaniac mitts on my wine!

I wasn’t asleep when the Lollster returned from the concert, surprise surprise, and we even managed a shower together. I have missed washing Laura and her important little places. I actually felt aroused when doing so, and when she washed me I knew I wanted sex with her. I must be seriously getting better. Making love did prove more tiring than I thought it would be though! Ah well.

Sunny day December 1st.

An absolutely glorious morning. I mean mind blowingly beautiful, and I was stuck here unable to go out in it. OK, I did attempt the first walk again with Callie. I sat on the bench but wasn’t anywhere as knackered as yesterday. Very slowly we made our way to Hill Top Woods. I had another couple of sits down on the way and had to suggest that we turn back rather than doing the complete circuit – that meant more steep walking from the woods before beginning the descent through Onesacre. I suppose technically the distance is roughly the same, it is just the degree of difficulty for a flu sufferer was proving a bit much. So much so when we got to the first bench I had to sit again and was spectacularly sick!

Laura was a bit panicked by it, but I actually felt a lot better after the chunder than before. She offered to take Callie home and fetch me in the car. I told her that was silly. I’d be OK after a few minutes sit. I was! We made our way home even slower than before and I felt really tired as I slumped onto the sofa. Loll stuck the thermometer in my gob and I was back up to 38.1! Oh shite.

The little betrayer phoned my Mum and I got an earful down the phone from her. The gist being I was an impatient idiot and I had to wait before trying to do stuff. I knew this. I didn’t need Mum in Assistant Head Teacher mode giving my ears aggro! I had to laugh at one point because she said, “…and stop doing that!”

“What?”

“Holding the phone away from your ear, pulling a face and mouthing ‘Blah Blah Blah’ to Laura!”

How did she know?

She has seen me do it of course. I should have guessed. She then wanted to speak to Loll.

I then was treated a one sided conversation similar to the one I wrote on here a few weeks ago; only this time I was on the receiving end. It is so annoying! I hadn’t realised just how much.

Laura’s half went like this:

Yes.
Yes.
I know.
Oh… I DO Know!
Yes.
What can you do?
No, not really.
Oh, OK. That’ll be lovely.
You sure?
OK.
About half an hour.
Bye.

She hung up. Then she said to me, “Right. Get your jacket and Uggs. We’re off to Helena’s for lunch!” She always calls Mum by her Christian name. “And no arguing. It means we don’t have to cook and your Mum can stand you in the naughty corner when we get there!”

I tried the “Who are you? And what have you done with Laura Thomas?” lines, but she came across and hugged me.

“You really scared me out on the lane. So I am doing what I think is best – for you; whether you like it or not. Now kiss me and let’s get going!”

If Laura’s words ‘Half an hour’ were an estimation of how long it would take us to get to Mum’s they were off by almost 30 minutes. It was so busy for a Sunday morning. I guess the really sunny weather had brought all the Sunday Drivers out! 

I was bloody gobsmacked, stunned, appalled, whatever you want to call it, to find Mr Carr there. [Call me Tim!] 

Oh no, Mum. You didn’t? 
I think she did. 

But he’s one of Dad’s oldest friends and my Boss! The former isn’t really important as they divorced ages ago, but he is still my boss. To be fair he knew all about why I’d been off and was quite pleasant and supportive sounding. It doesn’t make up for the fact he was bonking my Mum last night. I know it’s unreasonable and petty of me, but it is what I feel. Fortunately he wasn’t staying for lunch and zoomed off pretty smartly after we arrived.

I was relegated to the sofa and told to chill out and do nothing; everything would be taken care of. I find it so patronising and frustrating to be treated as though I am incapable just because I’m poorly. As if they’d read my thoughts after about half an hour [and two mugs of tea] Mum asked if I was up to baking one of my microwave chocolate cakes again, to have as dessert. I don’t know if she really needed one or it was occupational therapy or she was just being polite, but I was pleased to lend a hand.

The cake cooks in six minutes but it takes about twenty five minutes to prep and wash up afterwards. I have to admit I did feel a little wishy washy as I washed up the utensils etc in the second kitchen as the cake was cooking. Naturally I didn’t tell anyone.

Before we ate we skyped Susannah and Co. in Australia and I was treated to scorn and derision for being a wuss. It made a really welcome change. Jill repeated the line from the Scampis, about bugs being scared of me! I told her she was so unoriginal and anyway it was a newly mutated Vicki proof strain of flu. So watch out! They are all looking forward to Gramps and Louisa arriving! Uni goes down on about the 20th and they are flying out the very next day [guess who is taking them to the airport?]. They are going to be there for almost all of January. I am so jealous.

I was pleased to see that Jill was still wearing her red, ‘Life Sucks’ button badge. This is a visual code we have, she has said when she no longer wears it, it’ll mean she and her BF have done “it”. I have tried to talk her into waiting, but that is very hypocritical of me really. I’d had sex by her age, so I guess I shouldn’t talk. [She doesn’t know that, of course.]

Peter has had the yacht’s keel all cleaned and de-barnacled, ready for Dad’s visit. I know going out sailing is one of the things he’s looking forward to. He used to do a lot of it when he was younger. He sold our Topaz for a one man racing yacht when I was 10 which was very disappointing. Phil and I could sneak off in the Topaz but the new yacht wasn’t designed for two.

After lunch I felt a lot better and asked Mum if she fancied going to have a look at the new market in town. That got slapped down immediately and I was told that I had set myself back when I last went out, going out to the town centre would be just as bad. That told me! Anyway it isn’t open on Sundays!
I attempted to broach the subject of Tim Carr but that was met with equal resistance as the market trip. I know it’s her business, but I would like to talk to her about it. It is making feel all confused. Laura and I left after an early tea and we drove back through town so we could see the new market even if it wasn’t open. It looks brilliant. A looks a bit like the Winter Gardens which is just up the hill a little. Mum was right though, I wouldn’t have been able to wander and shop, I had a bout of ‘wanness’ come over me as we drove home. I will have to get down and see it properly in daylight. [When I am fully recovered.]

I hit the sofa at home and was zed pushing before you knew it. Laura came and snuggled up alongside me. I put my head on her shoulder and she stroked my hair. She knows how much I love this. Especially when she puts her fingers into a comb shape, rubs them against my scalp and them pulls my hair through her fingers. Dad used to do this when I was little and it made me feel so safe and protected. The same effect Laura achieved tonight. I felt too knackered for a shower, so we ran a bath and sat together in shared water. I haven’t had a bath for as long as I can remember.

We swapped positions so we were in tandem with Laura behind, and me sat between her legs. She pulled me back so that my back was lying against her bosom and proceeded to gently kiss my neck. It was lovely.


My temperature as I got into bed was 37.4! Yaay.  

If only I didn’t still sound like Miss Phone Sex 2013 I would feel even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment