Friday 7 February 2014

Existential separation angst? [More naughtiness!]

Monday February 3rd

We had a sunrise this morning! Rah rah rah! That long absent, round, sunny thing came up at about 7.50 over the distant Grenoside slope, long after I’d walked the dog and Laura and I had been swimming. I was beginning to think that bright yellow disc was never going to put in an appearance again. Stupidly I commented on it turning up to Laura and it promptly disappeared for most of the morning! I will have to keep my gob shut in future!

Dad Skyped me this morning [our time] to confirm the details of his and Louisa’s return flight which gets in early on Saturday morning. I have arranged to collect them both because I am a dutiful daughter, cough, cough! Laura and I are going to be driving up to Dad’s on Friday lunchtime and are collecting his dogs from the kennel that afternoon, then we’ll zoom up to Glasgow at a sensible time on Saturday morning as they are unlikely to clear baggage reclaim and customs  much before 10.30. We have done the journey so frequently in the last couple of years we could probably do it blindfold. We’ll just have to hope there is no snow on the route, which would put a huge spanner in the works.

Laura and I went walkabout in the city centre at lunchtime and then snuck off early at the end of the day. It was a short lived victory though as she is putting in four nights at the restaurant this week, so I had to be a lonely little creature from 6.45 ish to just after 11. I don’t begrudge Laura having the job I just hadn’t realised exactly how much time she would be away from me. When we lived apart I was quite used to spending my evenings alone but since she has moved in I get lonesome when she isn’t here. I know it’s pathetic, isn’t it?

Tuesday February 4th.

Another dog walk and swim followed by a sunrise. Once again the sun put in the briefest of appearances before disappearing behind a huge bank of clouds to remain there all day! Work today was a two halver as usual, Uni in the morning XXX & Y in the afternoon. Mrs Briggs and I chatted about A Midsummer Night’s Dream for a while before I went back to my digitising of our records. It does seem to be a Sisyphean task. At least I don’t get my liver pecked out every day!

Laura cooked tea, which was lovely and we had a few minutes together but then I was left being a lonesome bunny again. I don’t know why I am suddenly finding it so upsetting when she goes? I was fine before the Christmas holidays with it, what has changed I have no idea. I wish I could get over the stupid feeling. It is not good at all. I sat and did some more stitching for my casket embroidery which is growing fairly slowly but steadily. If it ends up looking like the Bourne Cabinet upon which it is based, it will be exquisite!

We were very affectionate when Laura got back this evening which sort of made up for the hollow feeling I had while she was at work. I will have to talk to her about it. Maybe she has some idea what is going on with me.

Wednesday 5th February.

For the third day running we had a sunrise and today, unlike the previous days, we kept the sun until about 1pm! Whoopie Doo! I spoke with Mum this morning [from work] and she thinks I could have early onset of Adult Separation Anxiety. It can be common with people who have OCD, according to her. I think she was talking a load of psychobabble to be honest but she has given me a website when I can do a self-diagnostic test to see if I am likely to have it.

After lunch I did the test.

I don’t have it.

Well, at least not according to the test on the website. I am none the wiser for sitting and doing that stupid test. I don’t appear to display any of the signs that are common with people suffering from ASA. So I just am missing being with my gorgeous girl.

I spoke to Laura during our meal this evening and she was touched that I feel lonely when she isn't there. She confessed to feeling very depressed when I was in Australia last summer; despite our regular contact she missed me so much. I know she had said that she missed me but I had no idea it was making her depressed. We weren't even living together then, we were just conducting our long distance relationship between Sheffield and Lancaster [until I went off to my sister’s for the summer]. She thinks 

I have started to feel like this because we do virtually everything together at a weekend and not much during week day nights. This is true but it was her choice to get a job in a restaurant for the week nights so we could do loads together on the weekend.

I am just being a wuss. I am sure that’s all it is.

Felice phoned after Laura had gone to Dominic’s and I told her all about my feelings of loneliness. She told me that it was a sign of two possible things for sure: I was deeply and definitely, 100% in love or I was pregnant!

Pregnant!

I almost choked on my cup of tea when she said that, it was the last thing I was expecting to hear. We had a good giggle about it and I worked out how long the last sperm that had been in my body would’ve had to survive in order for me to be pregnant. I was able to tell her that it was a good 17 months since and even then it would have to find its way from my stomach to my uterus as I had swallowed Alan’s gift during that consolation f*ck, when I dumped him. That brought about more giggles.

Felice was appalled at the news and said she is always a spitter; so I told her about Richard and me experimenting with different foods for months to see if it would affect the taste of his semen. To those of a scientific mind it was done extremely methodically and with quite accurate recording of both the food ingested and the taste of the semen after he’d eaten that food for a fortnight. There was no discernable change as far as I could tell. Felice said it would be an idea to change my PhD topic to discovering whether the flavour of semen was altered by a guy’s diet. I said there would be no end of guys wanting to help with the research.

Her call really cheered me up and also made me remember all those mad, wild and utterly over-sexed times I had with Richard. I think I am getting equally as much sex with Laura but of a different kind and I have never had so many orgasms since she and I started making love, that is for sure.

When the Lollster came in from work I pinned her against the kitchen wall and snogged and fumbled with her important little places before she had even removed her coat. We ended up having a trash on the kitchen floor and then moved to the comfort of the sofa where we played with our toys for quite a while.

Laura was really breathless and a little sore when we’d finished but she told me I could do that again anytime I wanted! I told her I thought it might be a cure for my loneliness, she agreed that it was a great cure but I would have to be careful not to break my fingers!

When I got back from walking Callie and having my shower she had a surprise for me, she had been reading about deep penetration on the internet and wanted to see if she could get her hand inside me!

OMG. IT IS amazing. I mean seriously mind blowingly amazing. I am going to have to try with her when she is less sore!

Thursday February 6th.

Maybe there was too much information in yesterday’s journal entry. Still WTF, as they say, life is what we are living and sex is part of life.

Also part of life [our my life – and now Laura’s] is going to live events, I spent a while this morning updating our appointments diary [it lives by the telephone] and we have got 14 different things scheduled to go and see between Valentine’s Day and May 5th: Classical Music; Rock Music; An Opera; a ballet and several plays. They are mainly in Sheffield but one is in Lincoln, one in Nottingham, one in Carlisle and one in London. I have spent a small fortune on tickets to these events but, I haven’t even noticed it as my salary doubled since last year. I do seem to have a lot of cash left over at the end of every month but I simply transfer that to my instant savings account.

We had a Department meeting today which was about as interesting as watching grass grow. Again! I do know what these things are like, by now, but I still can’t believe how much talking gets done to so little effect. Arrrggghhh! I would have gnawed my leg off in sheer desperation or boredom or both; if one of the lecturers’ rather unfortunate hairpieces hadn’t started to slip and I tried to film it, discretely, on my mobile phone! I think it was a complete waste of 90 minutes. I mean if I seriously want to waste that length of time on a totally pointless activity I could go and watch a football match! LOL.

It was almost a relief to see a couple of my ‘mentees’ waiting outside the broom cupboard until they landed me with a whole litany of worries and complaints and just hot air about the guy who had dropped out at the start of the semester. He has left a few of them in the lurch financially and has got another’s entire notes from the previous semester! What the hell they expected me to do about it I have no idea. I did promise to make the right noises to the welfare section of admin but I don’t hold out much hope. I also said I would contact the guy’s parents about the missing notes. Like he’ll be all that bothered. Why do people lead such stupidly messy lives? I don’t suppose I am one to talk, my own life might seems a bit all over the place to an outsider I would guess.

We went and had a Thali for lunch at the nearest Indian restaurant to the Uni, which also happens to a brilliant Thali set lunch for silly money. I don’t know why more Indian restaurants don’t serve this kind of meal. The only downside is I get curry flavoured burps all afternoon!

I was much happier about Laura being at work this evening. I suppose I am being selfish and jealous and possessive after all. I sometimes just look at her and wonder what will happen when she finishes her degree. Will she find a job in Sheffield / South Yorkshire? Will she have to move away for a job? I know I am borrowing trouble but I suppose at the heart of my worry about being lonesome without her is this irrational fear of losing her. Until I lost Richard I was the one who always ended any relationship I had been in. My reaction to Richard was extreme because of the circumstances of his loss, I don’t want to go through anything, even vaguely, like that again I guess.

We had a long snuggly cuddle in bed, when she got back from work. No sex, just me hugging her and hugging her and hugging her until the sound of her soft breathing told me she was asleep. I fell asleep still holding her. At two am I woke up and we were still in the same position, so I turned her over and let her lay flat. She shuffled back over on to her side and spooned me, still asleep! I held her hand and pressed it against my heart.  





No comments:

Post a Comment