Saturday 22 February 2014

Memory Lapses and Remembering Past Lovers.

Monday February 17th.

Walked Callie and then swam as usual this morning.

Finally got through to Dad as he, and Louisa, was on the early sailing from Arran back to Ardrossan. 

They have loved the van and location. We have chosen an excellent site, as the pitch is in a really sheltered spot away from the any prevailing westerly winds or southerlies. The electrician guy has wired the external water pipes with a heating element triggered when the temperature drops below zero. [It is only in used if the pipes haven’t been drained down, ie when it is occupied – as Dad has left the van for about a month he has done the winter draining. This is something I will have to learn when we go.] The van itself is brilliant. The best bit, according to Dad is the French door opening out on to 
the deck right behind the sea wall. It just needs a table and some chairs to make it perfect.

Dad took across a TV set (32” LCD flat screen job) my contribution is to be a PVR. I have already bought it, a 500Gb Goodmans one which should do the job nicely. I have also bought a Goodmans Mini Hi-fi system to go in there too and have embarked upon burning copies of all my Classical CDs to take. Dad is doing the same with a selection of his Rock CDs.

We have worked out a sleeping order. If we go to Arran together a coin will be tossed for the main bedroom, if we arrive separately it will be first come first served for the main bedroom. That seems fair to me. The second bedroom beds can be pushed together and with a thickish mattress protector it should make a good double bed. I have suggested clamping the two single frames together and tying the mattresses together with webbing, this should stop slippage when the sleepers get amorous [I didn’t say the last bit to Dad].

As we are not letting the van out Dad is thinking of putting a set of waterproofs in there permanently, this is a good idea too, it will save space in the vehicles when we drive up. I have enough sets of gear to donate a set for me and Laura without needing to actually buy anything new.

Today’s meal was one of my mega chillies. It is huge and usually serves us for three meals. I used to make them especially hot for Richard but Laura isn’t a fan of having her head blown off so I have toned down the peppers somewhat. It was prepared mainly on Sunday and then put on the timer in the oven to be fully cooked by 5.30pm. We had a mountain of rice to go with it. Tomorrow we will serve it with baked potatoes and on Wednesday we’ll use tortilla wraps.  This is the first of my mega chillies I’ve done in 2014. I did one for the Scampi Tails last year and they loved it. To give an idea of how big “mega” is; a whole usual sized Chilli actually was enough for 8 women!

The first Scampi’s meeting of 2014 is next Wednesday (26th) and we are at Ann’s house. The next night will be the first of the monthly quizzes at my local pub so the Tails will be on display two nights in a week next week. There was a reason why they decided to have the meal and go to the quiz but I can’t remember what it was. Often they have chosen to do the quiz as the meal instead of going to someone’s house. (The pub serves two meals for £10 on the monthly quiz night.)

I looked at tickets for Australia tonight and the Business Class, I am after, is still a bit high in price. If I wait until March I may get a better deal. Laura has said she doesn’t mind flying Economy (she has no idea what it is like in economy for 20+ hours) but I insisted we fly B.C. plus I have some points from the frequent flyer scheme to spend too which will bring the cost down slightly.  OK, it is only six flights worth of FF Points but it is better than nothing. Then there is my $5K winnings from Australia to add to the pot. It will soon be costing us as little as economy with all those considerations included. 

Suze is expecting us to stay for at least six weeks; which is brilliant. We have been offered the camper and the children for the two weeks school holidays in August if we wanted them. Naturally we have accepted. It may be a squeeze but we’ll manage. I don’t plan the mega tour of last summer (their winter) we’ll just whizz down to Albany, Augusta, Margaret River and Bunbury. That way we should see whales and dolphins and get some wine tasting in too. Laura has a thing about lighthouses so we’ll pack those in as well. It’ll be a busy two weeks. The camper does have a high level bunk at the front which we’ll have to persuade one of the girls to use. I bet Jill will be up for it, I expect Annabelle will want to sleep cuddling up to Aunty Vic again. If Jeff baulked at three women in the camper last year, I guess four will put him off totally.

As you can probably tell from this entry, today was really a bit of a Radio Stars Day, to be honest.


Tuesday Feb 18th.

Two part day as usual. First half, University; second half, XXX & Y. Pretty normal really. I spoke to Mrs Briggs about working time off in lieu for the Australia trip this summer, which was agreed with no fuss. Even though I am part time, because I have worked full time for over a year, when I first started, I am entitled to statutory holidays and holiday pay which is always nice to hear.

I met Christopher in the lift and he came out with, “I hear you went for lunch with our superstar ‘Prossie’ last week”!! Where is he coming from? I told him he heard wrong. I felt there was no need to say anymore. I hope I am right.

Laura was at work as usual this evening and I did some more sewing and re-writing of my notes on the Cabinet. I seem to have a whole chunk of translations adrift. I’ll have to check with Feli that she hasn’t borrowed them when I am back in on Thursday. That is the only explanation I can think of for them not being in my wallet file.

Started the gift today which means Loll won’t be far off too. This may mean a sex free weekend in Cumbria which will be a downer. I still can’t get over the fact we are so synchronised now. It is weird.

Wednesday  February 19th.

Dog walked and swim completed, we had a long cuddle after our shower this morning. I just love it when we do that. The mega chilli looks like it will last three meals as there are still masses of it left. The downside is we have no wraps! I must remember to get some tonight.

Quite a long old day at work as the scanner was playing up for some strange reason. We had to send for the IT guy in the end. That was like a discovery in itself. I have only heard of Darryl in conversation but never met him. He is like a creature from another planet. He speaks in a high pitched tone which makes you think he may be gay [he isn’t] he also seems to conduct most of the conversations he has with other people through himself. He sort of repeats the question you’ve asked him and then tells himself the answer. It is hard to describe properly but it’s definitely strange.

He also makes comments all the way through what he’s doing; saying what he’s doing. But he seems to put little asides into the mix. I am sure I heard him say “Blondie has lovely legs” as he was fiddling in the back of the scanner. I got a bit concerned when I thought I heard “Wonder if they open?” or it might have been “Wonder if it opens?” I started to get quite freaked so I left him to it.

I described him to Laura over dinner (we both bought wraps so now we have a surfeit!) and she has decided the place is stuffed with weirdoes, just look at that girl they have in archives…

I had another major loss this evening. I keep my better needles in a handmade needle case. I made it when I was about fifteen. It is a bit like a cloth book with an embroidered cover and felt leaves into which I store my needles. Well, after Loll had zoomed off to work I could not find the damned thing anywhere. I searched absolutely everywhere, twice.

I sat down and thought of all the places I had been since I last used it on Tuesday and retraced my steps to each room in the house and examined every place it could be and every place it couldn’t. I decided to go through all my pockets of the clothes I had worn yesterday – no good. I even took my ugg boots off and looked in there! The needle case was inside my ugg boot! It had fallen in (I assume) back uppermost and as I had put on a pair of socks before slipping my boots on I must have desensitised my heel so that I didn’t notice it was wedged between by heel and the back of the ugg.

I debated long and hard as to whether to tell Laura when she got back in. I did and she had a major giggle and then went up to the big wardrobe in the front bedroom. She started looking in my boot collection [the long ones, not the ankle boots] I asked her what she was doing and she said looking for my lost papers! I had a mini wrestle with her and we ended up on the bed having rather messy sex. 

Well, I thought it was messy, Laura said she didn’t mind.

Thursday February 20th.

Missing papers found. Felice did have them after all. We bought a job lot of wallet files when we started the project the snag being they only came in four colours, clear, Black, Red and Blue. We had simply jumbled up our black ones. This lead to one of those Durr Moments when you realise you have been doing something so stupid for ages. We decided we should have two colours each. I would have black and clear and Felice would have Red and Blue. It was such a simple thing to do we couldn’t believe we had been such dozy cows not to have seen it before. A combined IQ which would makes us as clever as Marvin {Hitch-hikers Guide} and yet we could even see the sense of not jumbling up our wallet files. This is one I am definitely not telling anyone else!

I told Feli about the needles and she said there would be a third thing to watch out for. It always happens in threes. (See what I mean about high IQs and silliness?)

We lunched in the refec today and had a stroll along Broomhill afterwards. It is the first time we have been able to do this for ages. The weather has been pretty horrible usually. We looked in the window of the Turkish restaurant where Adi and I’d had our meal. I suggested we should try lunch there one day in the future. It will sort of cover my bases if necessary. Is that being ultra-sneaky? I hope not.

After work we had a whizz across to Holmesfield to see Mum and have tea with her. She dropped me right in it by telling Laura that as a child I was always losing things (funny that, I don’t seem to remember). She described the lost teddy bear (at Grandma’s); the lost tricycle (Dad’s office stairwell); the lost school bag (school bus after Mum was staying late); the lost Knickers (forgotten after swimming). I had to shut her up in the end. It was just so embarrassing.

Confession time: the knickers weren’t lost after swimming. They had been kept as a trophy by the boy I had let be naughty with me; with whom I slept not much later. (This was Ian, the brother of one of my friends from school.)

I dropped Laura off at the restaurant directly then went home to reminisce about my mis-spent youth. Ian and I were both virgins and I was able to persuade him that we should have sex with each other because we had no emotional attachment, so we could learn all about bonking without the tedious falling in love. Hence the losing of my knickers as a sign I was serious. In order to show him I was serious, I had let him touch me and put a finger inside me. He was like a bloody bull at a gate. He had no idea about gentleness or foreplay, he just stuck it straight in after I had removed my knickers. If I hadn’t already introduced myself to my own fingers and various vegetables before this, it could have been quite painful but my extra few month’s experience meant I was already damp and it didn’t hurt as much as it could have. 

For my part I had played with his willy until he came, which didn’t take long at all. (He was dead keen for me to put it in my mouth but I refused until we had arrived at an agreement.) I eventually taught him all about finesse, foreplay and oral sex in the months we had as teenage rabbits before he turned 16 and it became illegal for him to fuck me anymore. We did start again after I turned 16 but it wasn’t the same, so I dumped him. Plus I had my GCSEs coming up and didn’t want distracting.


The thought of Ian lead on to me thinking about all the other guys I had slept with over the years. I don’t think I could have been a subject for a Lars Von Trier film, but it would have been close!

No comments:

Post a Comment