Thursday 9 July 2015

Almost kissed by another woman?

Monday June 29th

Officially I am still at work until tomorrow, so I dropped Loll at XXX &Y and then put my nose in at Uni. I taped a note to the door with my mobile number on it and headed up to the solicitor's myself. I didn't expect anyone to call and I was right.

The office is a buzz with talk of what we are all doing during the two weeks shut down. (Technically it isn't, as there is a skeleton staff at work, but it seems like a shut down.) As you can imagine there are a huge range of destinations and activities planned. Canada is the furthest anyone is going. I guess two weeks are a bit restricting. Alison (and partner) are off to Iceland. I told her to take lots of photographs as I would love to got there too and it would be interesting to see what it's like. She thought doing a Small Planet Guide just for me would be a great idea, so that is on the cards. Isn't that sweet of her?

Truth be told not much else happened that warrants a journal entry.


Tuesday June 30th

A Radio Stars' song day today. I reposted my mobile number on my office door and headed up the hill to join Laura. We worked through lunch to gain extra time to zoom off to Dad's in a week and a bit - we are seeing The Sisxteen at Carlisle Cathedral on the 10th of July (Friday) so we are working like stink to gain the hours to take all of that Friday off.


Wednesday July 1st

Long Skype with Australia this morning. Jill has passed her driving test! She now has the green P plate on her folks' car for two years. She is obviously delighted. She was less than happy to find she isn't old enough to even think about a Light Rigid Licence which will allow her to drive the Camper Van. Suze kept making thumbs up gestures behind her. I think she is pleased her cherub can't wander off in the Camper just yet.

The girls were all excited about Freo's winning streak continuing and I was up in the air about Yorkshire Cricket Club beating Durham. Both teams are top of their tables and looking on course for glory. The AFL works in a different way to Count Cricket. Here is we finish top we are the winners outright. In AFL there is a play off system. Pretty silly if the team heading the league has lost only one game all season!

I am now officially at work with Laura until September. Rah rah rah.

Spent the day with Alison and her latest case research. (Well most of the day.) We had an awkward moment where I thought she was going to kiss me. I was pointing something out to her in one of our huge tomes and she turned her head to me. We were so close I could smell her breath (slightly minty) and I had this instinct that if I didn't look away she would kiss me. She was signalling the same way that Laura does before an oral assault. (I have learned to spot her tell-tale pattern over the years). In order to avoid any embarrassment I thought it best to be an ingénue in the matter. She isn't gay at all, what would happen if she did kiss me? Would it f*ck up my situation here? I can't risk that happening. In a way it is worse than what happened with Christopher, as we are roughly equal on the food chain but Ali is in the stratosphere compared to me!

I agonised all afternoon about what to do and decided the best course was to keep Mum and not say anything to anybody. It would not serve any useful purpose at all.


Thursday July 2nd

I just imagined the incident with Ali. I am sure I did. She wouldn't really have wanted to kiss me. I am just being stupid and have interpreted what one person does with me and assumed that another will do the same. I am just a stupid cow.

Laura is beginning to fret about her result. I tried to reassure her but it is only natural to think the worst especially as she has s much riding on the grade she achieves. I suppose the older we are the more we realise the importance of things like this. I was Miss Blasé about my results at school. I knew I was going to do well because I always had, and my work ethic and methodology hadn't changed at all. It proved a successful strategy for me. I guess Loll could have been undermined by her Dad's attitude but I am doing my best to make her see she has nothing to worry about.

As a species we are quite neurotic, TBH.

I prefer the erotic, though Uncle Tom's on his way, so that puts paid to eroticstuff for a while. (It's my OCD and cleanliness issues.) Speaking of OCD I managed fewer than 20 hand washes today. It was a challenge but I made it. I find it hard to explain to people how the compulsion to do something controls your life if you are not super strong willed about it. I am getting better, though. Even my Mum says I am not a wappy as I used to be. (If only you knew how wappy, Mum!)

I booked a room in Scarborough for our visit to the cricket, Friday 17th to Monday 20th inclusive. Mum has agreed to look after Callie for the weekend. The match doesn't start until Sunday so it gives us time to explore Scarborough and get in a couple of shows at the Stephen Joseph Theatre.. Loll is a bit unsure about going to watch a match over several days but I have tried to reassure her that she will be fine. I hope she is.

We had long, slow and loving sex tonight - a thing we often do before onset of Tom. The double ender combined with scissoring is amazing even though you can't get to kiss as much during the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment