Saturday 16 August 2014

A brothel, a sex shop and a big pit - the delights of Kalgoorlie!

Monday 11th August

I couldn’t bloody believe it; five women in the house and no sodding tampons! Not a solitary single one. Laura looked a bit guilty saying she had taken the last one from my bung bag in the night because she had run out too, as I dumped the contents from handbag on the bed to see if one was lurking among the layer of detritus at the bottom – there wasn’t! She thought I had another cache somewhere in my luggage. I hadn’t packed extra, I had assumed I would have enough to last this time and I’d buy some more out here for next month. I hadn’t realised Laura was helping herself from my bung bag too. I frantically knocked at the girls’ door, after discovering the family cabinet in the main bathroom only had pads, to see if either of them had any. They didn’t. Bloody useless or what?

I ended up having to use a pad and wait until the pool opened as I knew there was a vending machine in there which sold the Aussie equivalent of the kind I use. [Lil-lets in case you are wondering.]  Jill pulled a face at the idea of going swimming when I was ‘on’ but I always have done and worn a tampon. It works for me. Annabelle was all, “What if you leak, while swimming? That would be so gross…” I told her it was more gross having to wear a mediaeval style solution instead of something which kept everything tidied away and created no mess or uncomfortable feelings at all.

I explained I inserted a fresh one before going into the pool. Even if I had a flow like a severed vein I’d be good for about an hour. They both cringed a bit. I asked them if their Mum hadn’t given them the ‘talk’ and they said she had but she’d also said they didn’t ought to go swimming during their period. I can’t believe it. I can’t believe she hasn’t encouraged them to use tampons either. I can’t even believe that she isn’t using them as well. I mean, it is just so obvious and less messy all round. Even virgin Laura is a tampon user, OK she has had several things inside there – especially since I have had anything to do with it - but she thinks the idea of pads is so primitive too! Jeff just sat in the back seat and squirmed at our conversational gambit. He needs to hear ‘women stuff’ it may make him a better man when he grows up.

At the pool I was saved by a newly filled vending machine. Phew. I only bought one packet as they worked out so expensive from the machine. After swimming I nipped over the road to the shops and bought a mega boxful from the supermarket.

This morning was emotional in another way too, which had nothing to do with mine and Laura’s monthlies; today we were going off in the camper, doing the reverse of the circuit I had done with the girls last year. To that end we had loaded it all up after we got back from Bruce and Tania’s. This morning after our swim and breakfast we were taking the kids to school in the camper and then heading off to Toodyay and then Northam for our first stop of the night, however this didn’t quite go to plan as we got a Skype from Mum before we left for school, so we told her we’d drive the kids to school and come back and Skype her from Suze’s to use her power and computer rather than use my tablet.

Mum was in a tizzy because Gran had fallen and was in hospital with a broken arm and slight concussion. She had been attempting something in the garden, Mum wasn’t too specific about what had happened but it seems that during whatever she was doing took a tumble from a small stool thing she has. Luckily, she fell into a bush and then sort of rolled out of the bush onto the garden where she put her arm out to break her fall and hit her head on the lawn. She has actually broken her left wrist and grazed the left side of her head.  The neighbour on that side of the house saw it all happen and rushed round. She realised an ambulance was needed and summoned one. She also followed as it took her to Melrose, rather than one of the two piddling hospitals in Hawick. Once Gran was assessed and x-rayed and admitted the neighbour phoned Mum who brought her visit to Hawick forward. This all happened on Saturday.

Mum screamed up the M1, A1 and A68 to find Gran admitted for the night as a precaution for the concussion and as there was no-one else at home. Mum went back there as soon as possible on Sunday morning but the hospital wouldn’t discharge Gran until the consult had seen her and he doesn’t come round until today. It was just after 1 am when Mum called us and she was fine with us calling back when we had dumped the kids. She was still awake at 2pm having gone ‘past sleep’, according to her.

The consultant won’t get to see Gran until mid-morning and I persuaded Mum to go to bed as soon as we’d hung up and then once she had Gran back in her bungalow in Hawick to Skype Suze. She could then relay the details to me in Kalgoorlie. I didn’t think she’d agree but she said she would. It seemed a good idea to warn Suze so I drove us down to Mandurah to speak face to face, so much better than a phone call. She was quite sanguine about it – being a nurse that is hardly surprising, I suppose. She hasn’t seen Gran in person since 2000. They have Skyped occasionally but not too often.

What with one thing and another we weren’t ready to set off until almost noon. We stopped for the night at Northam after driving slightly further north to show Laura Dad’s property in Toodyay first. It is quite pretty up in the edge of the Great Plateau, where the Darling Ranges end and the’wheat belt’ begins to appear. Dad’s property still hasn’t been developed and there is talk of new legislation being brought through the W. A. parliament to make absentee landowners do something about the land they own but aren’t using. A sort of ‘use or lose it’ approach.

We had plenty of time to find the double-sized plot and see the hut which Suze and Pete have erected on it to show it is in use! (Laughable but effective, apparently.) We found the campsite that the girls and I used last year and had a better look around than we had last time, as it hadn’t gone dark by the time we’d set up. We strolled down to the Avon Bridge Hotel for our evening meal and ended up spending most of the evening there. Two skinny, blonde English girls seemed to draw the Ockers out of the woodwork. It seemed a good idea to avoid mentioning we were lesbians as the drinks kept coming our way. We had a ride in the back of a Ute, with Greg’s mate, Tim, making sure we didn’t fall out, to the campsite but Greg, Col and Tim were a bit disappointed not to get invited into to our camper. We asked them to drop us at the gates of the park which we could tell they found disappointing but they gallantly did. I supposed they imagined they might get some British pussy – Hah! They’d have got menstruating pussy instead.
Laura was a bit shocked that we had freeloaded ourselves to drunkenness in the bar but I was more pragmatic about it; it had cheered those guys up and we hadn’t promised anything for getting the drinks. Look upon it as payment for our company. Lol. (She didn’t get it.)

Tuesday August 12th.

Up with the larks this morning and broke the first rule of camping – don’t fry bacon with your windows open; it drives everyone who hasn’t got bacon mad!

I promised Laura she could have a go at the driving today. So at Merredin we swapped roles. By Coolgardie she’d had enough. She expressed great appreciation for the fact I had driven myself around the continent without a spare driver to take over when I felt tired. I explained when I had felt tired I simply pulled over, locked up and went to sleep. I had good old Buster as company then so I felt safe. (That sweet little woofie has gone to the great play park in the sky.)

We arrived in Kalgoorlie in plenty of time to get set up on the campsite after visiting the local shop for extra rations. The evening meal was a Laura concoction of tuna steaks and pasta with peppers, spring onions and mushrooms. [They give you a sign to mark that the pitch is taken, should you drive off after registering. Neat idea.] We drove back into the town after dusk and I tried to get Laura to see the glories of the old mining town. I am afraid she rapidly came to the same conclusion as I did last year: Kalgoorlie is a dump. We went past the Hay Street brothel and I think Laura was genuinely shocked. I had a brilliant idea for the morning though, which I didn’t pass on to my beloved. Back at the campsite we decided on an early night after a quick Skype with Suze to tell me that Gran was back home and Mum was clucking round her like an old hen! Just like her really.

Wednesday 13th Aug

Today was a day of two visits both connected with men going into dark holes! We found there was a guided tour of the Super Pit, as it is known, so we got ourselves booked onto the 9.30, two and a half hour tour. We had a dress code to follow in order to go it, which was worrying as we thought we might fail the shoe requirement. Our outfit had to be long sleeved, long legged [trousers not a skirt or dress] and our feet had to be fully covered too. That was the problem, until I found a pair of Jill’s trainers in the bottom of the under bed space. Lucky call that one or else Laura would have needed to buy a pair. I had only put my NBs in at the last minute. Good job, eh. The tour even had a dedicated parking space for camper van drivers, which was a first. We were also issued with a hi-vis vest and safety glasses.

The tour bus was very swish and air conditioned – useful out here in the heat. We had a safety talk about the mine and the hazards; what we were allowed to do and what we should avoid. It looks like the mine trucks are kids’ toys as you view them from the viewing area up top but close up and personal they are unbelievably ginormous! They dwarfed the bus! Each truck has a sort of staircase like attachment fixed to the front to allow the driver to get in them!

In fact the whole site is massive. Apparently it can be seen from the orbiting space station! Phew! There are what look like huge steps cut into the sides of the pit, which is how they worked out the ore; at first I had the awful feeling we were going to go down those but there is a road network through the site. In some of the places on the road down the turns and bends make you want to shut your eyes and scream. It was a good job we weren’t driving quickly! We didn’t go all the way down to the bottom but we were given a thorough tour of most of the plant and the workings. They pointed out some of the diggers on the floor of the pit and then we were told to look out for a man in a vest and hat to give it some perspective. We couldn’t see him at first! When the guide told us where to look he was minute, standing next to the digger’s bucket. You could easily have fitted two AFL sides and subs into one digger bucket!

Fimiston Mill was vast and really dusty. It would make a great film set for space exploration films. There are exposed girders and walkways and gantries and stuff. Most of it painted yellow for some reason. I was going to ask why yellow, but forgot. In comparison the control room was quite tiny but it had a huge bank of large TV screen/monitors – some with views of the site and some with charts and graphics on them. Complicated looking for sure. We saw the milling process and realised why the pit was so big and how much better it was than the old method of sinking a hole in the ground and hopefully striking a rich lode! Here you get everything there is to be found. We were shown some gold in its ‘raw’ state and you could understand why those guys went looking for, it all those years ago, in the first place.

It was a really well spent $70 and two and bit hours of our time.

We had a bite from the local Subway before embarking on our next quest; to the Questa Casa brothel for their guided tour. It was less than a third of the price of the pit tour and much less dusty, although I must admit some of the rooms themselves were a bit tacky. The woman guide, whom I must assume works here by night, was full of knowledge and details, especially about the history of prostitution in the town. She kept a flow of interesting comments, sometimes so politically incorrect it was unbelievable. I think that the guys on the tour were more embarrassed about the sex toys and sex talk than the women. The most amusing thing was a valuation of our worth as prostitutes working here. I won’t tell you what mine was but Laura was declared the most valuable out of our group of visitors. [She whispered that she’d start charging me as a way of funding her studies!]

The old, original site was horrendous though. The corrugated iron “stalls” just conjured up the most appalling images in my head of the degradation and humiliation some of those early working girls must have suffered. There were some old newspaper cuttings on display too which we equally as fascinating as the guide. I think it might be an eye-opener for any tourist to look at how this trade developed alongside the more legitimate means of earning a living.

I was a bit over whelmed by desire for Laura when we left the place but I remained calm and steadfast as we headed for our next port of call; my brilliant idea surprise, the Adult shop in Maritana Street. I had checked its location and had also discovered it was doing a special offer, if you bought one sex toy from a selection you got another one free. We asked the woman in charge about the offer and the items we could purchase. The free offer was a version of The Rabbit, smaller than ours at home and using water based lubricant. One of the items you needed to purchase to get the freebie was a 13”, double ended, vibrating dildo. We naturally chose this and bought some lube too (for the rabbit). The woman was intrigued that we knew so much about sex toys and the like and wondered why we hadn’t brought ours across from the UK. I told her about the embarrassment that I had anticipated if we got stopped at customs! She then asked us if we would be interested in a lucrative side offer with toys, she gave us a business card with the name, phone number and e-mail addresss of an ‘adult film’ producer. I just slipped it into the bag with our goodies. Naturally we won’t be phoning the guy’s number.

Outside we had a huge fit of the giggles at the prospect of our lovemaking being filmed, commercially. I told Laura it just reinforced what the madam in the Questa Casa had said, she was the most valuable commodity there. I got whacked on the arm for that one. Plus, as a severe damper on the proceedings she also said, “I am still on, BTW, so I don’t really fancy putting those to good use at the moment.” Boo hoo. Back at the site I did persuade her to use the new rabbit on me, in the interests of scientific research, which was truly gorgeous – she made me wear a scarf over my eyes and I wasn’t allowed to touch myself or her at all, until I came. I had the most overwhelming O and afterwards I used my fingers to tease her love bump into giving her a really long O too. She says should be finished by the weekend, so we can put the double ender to good use.

Thursday 14th Aug.

I awoke in a sweat and found that my love bump was being nibbled by a long haired blonde girl with a sylph like figure. When I opened my eyes she smiled and used her fingers down there too. She said she thought she had stopped and couldn’t wait until the weekend. We tried the double ender. It bent sufficiently for us to hug face to face and push it between us [this is something we have practised over the last year with our double ender at home, it’s all down to vaginal muscle control]. I am not sure if we came simultaneously but it was pretty close. We lay hugging each other and feeling at peace with the world until, “Oh, bugger. I haven’t stopped after all….” We had a mop up, a bundling up of the sheet (for washing) and a giggle and I was so delighted that I had been able to inspire my girl to overcome one of her major taboos, without actually having to do any persuading. She did it herself because she wanted me!

After using the site’s showers [much better than wetting through the camper’s one, plus the 17 litre hot water heater needs refilling after one shower] we had brekkers and then set off for the drive down to Esperance. It is nearly 200 Km to Norseman where we stopped for a swift snackerino and then took a look at where the National Route to Adelaide sets off across the country. It is still a hell of a way to the state boundary from here. We then continued down the road to Esperance, it was another couple of hundred Km down to the sea. About three hours later we saw the Southern Ocean and the many islands dotted about in the huge bay. I drove us into the centre and stocked up with more supplies then headed out to the same caravan site I went to with the girls last year. This is on the eastern edge of town and is in walking distance back into the place.

After a swift cuppa, before the night fell, we sauntered into town so we could have a proper look at the Bay of Isles from the promenade. I pointed out the signage for the boat trips out into the bay and we decided, weather permitting, to do the full day version of the one I had done with the girls. We checked what was on at the cinema too and then headed back to the site for our meal and a listen to some music through the vans CD player (and my memory stick) before hitting the charp. Driving such long distances is very tiring, maybe I am just getting old…




No comments:

Post a Comment