Wednesday 1 April 2015

Carpet burns from a caravan? Ouch, yes!

Monday March 23rd.

Up with the proverbial larks this morning and after a swift cuppa and slice of toast I walked Callie down the Bullgill Road whist Laura finished loading the car. It didn't need much putting in it, to be honest, as we packed last night. A few minutes later a white Kia Cee'd with a gorgeous blonde driving it pulled up along side me and asked if I fancied some bonking in Scotland. Did I need any asking? [She is getting as rude as me!]

Laura drove all the way to Ardrossan arriving at about 9.15. We decided there wasn't really enough time to scoff at the Asda so we drove straight to the ferry terminal and joined the queue. I took Callie for another walk after we'd done all the paperwork and parked up.

We had a full cooked breakfast on the ferry crossing which was not as smooth as some I have known and on disembarking we headed straight for the Brodick Co-op to stock up with food for our first few day's meals.

The van was just as we remembered. There was one new addition, on a scaffolding pole, attached to the deck by the front corner of the van, was a satellite dish! Dad had explained that he'd bought it so they could watch BBC Look North for the North East and Cumbria whilst up here. It is a none subscription system and needs just a one off card - or something like that. The box of kit itself is also a PVR so now we have two PVRs in the van. Dad thought he would use the Sky Box and I could use the Humax unless the TV programme was something that was only available on the satellite.

Laura set too unpacking our stuff: food and clothes and I spent that time, and then some more, giving everywhere a good dust, hoover and general spruce up. Once I had the place looking as spotless as home we snuggled up on the sofa with a cuppa and a biscuit each. I asked Laura, "Now then young lady, what about this bonking....?" So we ended up messing up the fresh bedding almost immediately!

After a second, post-coital cuppa we went for a stroll around Whiting Bay, familiarising ourselves with our holiday location again. We wandered up the hill past the holiday cottage we had in 2013 (Brook Cottage) and then along past the golf course. This road becomes a track and we followed it all the way to the end - where it meets the WB to Lamlash road. After being a track for a while it becomes a proper road again, as though the planners didn't want to make a rat-run out of it.

Crossing the Lamlash road, we headed over to Kings Cross Point on another road cum track affair. There are  some new house built along here and we both speculated about whether we could cope with being a full time Islander. I could live on this island and become a hermit but Laura thinks she would still want to establish a career. She is still idealistic and optimistic, not a cynical old cow like me!

We spent a while actually at KC Point just drinking in the scenery and feeling connected with the place once again. We'd just started snogging with a view to some al fresco bonking when we heard voices coming towards us from the direction of the WB path. It was a group of wrinklies from the mainland who had caught the round the island bus from Brodick to Whiting Bay and were walking back to Brodick. We chatted with them for quite a while.

One of the guys asked where are your boyfriends? Which I thought was quite rude but Laura told him that men were an unnecessary encumbrance and not worth the hassle. Some of the women agreed and laughed about this but the old chap looked a bit put out. In order to build bridges (I can't think of any other reason why I told this group of retired people) I explained that I had lost my fiance in 2009 and no men I had met since actually held a candle to what I had lost, so I was just ignoring men now. Even the bluster filled old guy seemed to be sympathetic to that.

Loll wasn't, she was a bit annoyed. She wanted to know why not tell them the truth? I tried to explain that rural island Scotland wasn't the same as our big city. These people were probably dyed in the wool, old fashioned believers in heterosexuality and traditional arrangements. I couldn't see any reason to provoke them with our situation.

This lead to a minor disagreement which we quickly resolved with a kiss and fumble. I joked that the next people we met would be greeted with a cheerful, "Hello, we're lesbians. I lick and finger her pussy and she puts her hand all the way inside mine!" That made her laugh and our argument was forgotten. We went on to imagine even more wild and graphic greetings as we headed back to WB.

The evening meal was some salmon we bought from the Brodick co-op, it was delicious. I'd raided Dad's freezer before leaving and taken back one of my apple cakes (it must be getting near its eat by date by now, I made it last year!) so we had half of that for dessert with some custard. Yummy in our tummy.


Tuesday March 24th

We decided to stay local today and we walked the Glenashdale Falls / Giant's Graves circuit again. It is a brilliant little walk and the views are stunning. Being a school day there were hardly any people about and the weather was pretty kind to us too. It was rather blowy but we had our hats, scarves and gloves to protect our delicate extremities. We dawdled a fair bit, and went round to the far side of the falls too. I wanted to check to see if there was any way we could abseil down to the foot of them. The easiest [and safest] way seems to be belaying ourselves down from the viewing platform, then using a Jumar to get back.

We strolled on to the Graves and I do mean stroll as this is about a mile long contour round a forest road, the sides of which have been felled and cleared so there is an uninterrupted view in front of you and to your left as you walk along. All of the peaks of the island are visible at our side, and the glorious Firth of Clyde with mainland Scotland beyond is in front of you.

We ate our lunch at the Graves and then  debated whether we could risk a swift bonk in the open air - like we did at Alport Castles about a week ago. We decided the risk of being caught was too great. We could find nowhere that would hide us as completely as the sink hole things at Alport did. The tree felling here also meant the place could be overlooked from almost all the way along the forest road. We promised to indulge ourselves when we got back to the van.

At the bottom of the wildly zig-zagging path we had a choice, to head back to the van and some mid afternoon bonking or a brief detour to the cafe for a cuppa and a bun. I suppose it must be the nature of living together and having sex so regularly (OK every day when Uncle TOM isn't calling) that we opted for the bun and hot drink!

It was a choice made in heaven as the cafe did a chocolate tart which was unbelievably delicious. Made even more so by me having the last piece and the owner saying that it had been sliced badly so I could have, what effectively were, one and a half pieces. It was so rich I found it a serious struggle to finish it. We had to order a second pot of tea to help swoosh it down and Loll snapped me on her mobile, sending the picture to her Mum as "the cake that ate Vicki!".

Evening meal tonight was homemade beef burgers and home made chips. The air fryer was brilliant for the chips and it didn't stink out the van. We finished off the apple cake and I promised to get the stuff to make a lemon meringue in the morning. I'll probably do two, making one an apple or cherry version as well, that will give us four days worth of desserts.

We delayed our post walk shower until after the meal - we were hungry and we shared the shower, carefully washing each other's important little places. The bathroom floor is a rather cold place to fornicate in late March. We decamped to the lounge and treated each other by the light of street lamp on the road opposite. Even caravan carpets can give you carpet burns. Thanks to an extremely vigorous rodgering with our strap-on, by an over excited Laura, I now have two red and almost raw patches on my back around my hip area. To compound the matter I grazed my knees administering the pink plastic to her afterwards.

Laura thinks this is extremely funny. I think I need lessons in being a substitute man!

Wednesday March 25th.

We took the bus from WB to Corrie this morning as the forecast was for a fine but windy day. We piled out at the foot of the eastern approach to Goat Fell and began to ascend the aforementioned Corbett. (These are Scottish Mountains between 2500 and 3000 feet.)

2 hours later, two hot, and rather sweaty, blonde women were seen swigging hot, sweet tea from a stainless steel flask at the summit of Goat Fell. Yup, it was we! Trying our best not to lose our hats and scarves in the gale which was strikingly absent on the eastern flank of the peak, we struggled on guzzling at the summit for a while before the threat of rain seemed to be imminent judging by the number of low clouds whizzing across the Kintyre Peninsula towards us. We curtailed our cuppa stop and decided to head back down the hill towards Brodick and the Castle.

We passed a few people on their way to the top who were coming up from the direction of Brodick, ones and twos mainly with one group of about seven who all seemed to be weighed down with huge rucksacks. We mentally pitied them their hike, especially if the heavens opened upon them. At the castle we found every thing closed up apart from the visitor centre. The ladies on duty there informed us that the season opened on April 1st, no joke, and we could wander the gardens at will (with our NT cards) but that was all until then.

Somewhat disappointed we trudged on heading towards town. Luckily on the way is Arran Aromatics so we left Callie firmly attached to our day sacks and wandered inside. I wanted to stock up with some more Eydis perfume, as I am almost out. I also wanted see what else they sold in the Eydis fragrance.

I bought myself some more Island Goddess perfume (that's what Eydis means in Norse) and a bath box. Laura bought herself some of the After the Rain collection - Perfume, shower gel and body butter. We actually caught the WB bus right outside Arran Aromatics and we home quicker than we anticipated.

We shared the shower again and Laura's shower gel. Once we were dried I applied her body butter to her back arms and leg but once I turned her over to do her front she stopped my eager hands and directed me to one certain place instead. I am seriously going to have to get some in the Eydis fragrance as I witnessed first hand(s) the effect it had on Loll when it was applied.

We were going to go into the local bar for our evening meal but it was closed. I think it may be up for sale! So we drove round to Lagg and I had their delicious trout, I have had it before so I know what to expect. I didn't expect to get unwanted attention from a pair of chancers, although this has happened back in WB so I shouldn't be surprised! We swiftly sent them packing. What is it with this island and guys? Maybe it is because all the local girls prefer tourists to the indigenous menfolk. Why not, too? No strings; no baggage; no hassle. I think if I was a local girl I would too.

Thursday 26th March

Grottier weather today all round. I actually drove the few hundred yards to the paper shop to buy today's papers (our usual i and Times) and we spent a good hour and a half reading our way through them. The rest of the day we just chilled out with a couple of bottles of wine and some nibbles.

I did a fair bit of work on my embroidery (for the casket) and Laura got on with some Maths revision, which was one of the reasons we decided to spend some time on the island. Her Finals are almost immediately after we return then that will be it as far as her education goes, until she decides whether to do her Masters or not. It is looking as though her previous grades will do the job it just now rests on her Finals. They start on May 25th and go on until about June 13th. The actual timetables won't be out until April 17th; then Laura will have to scan them all for clashes and work out where her venues are located. It seems they could be all over the place again. I guess this is what happens when the campus is scattered about the City and not concentrated all on one site.

By mid afternoon things had brightened up so we went round to Kildonan, seal spotting. As usual there were masses there just basking on the rocks or pottering about in the shallows. I think Callie was pleased to get out and we strolled westwards along the shore line until we came to the waterfall, there we turned back and sauntered to the car.

Back at the ranch I perused the Indian Takeaway menu, phoned through our order and after five minutes zoomed off to collect it. Delicious. I am so impressed by this place. It looks dreadful from the outside (opposite Lamlash School) but their meals are so tasty. We had Rogan Josh and Balti (both chicken) Sag Aloo, Chana Massala, two nans and two rices. I was so starved I wolfed the whole of mine and even managed the bits of her Rogan that Loll had not been able to finish, Poor old Callie didn't get a look in!

I have decided to do the rest of the entries in the style of the "Islanders' reports" of last Easter Time mainly because a lot of the time we are sitting about, reading, sewing or revising. It probably won't make for good blog. I am still going to be taking Callie somewhere each day so there will be some entries.

It is also because I haven't brought my lap top, only my tablet and the typing on the screen is a real colonic irritation! You just can move about the screen to correct mistakes that easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment