Monday 11 May 2015

31% elected the bastard Tories! How is that democratic?

Friday 8th May.

We are doomed. The f*cking lunatics have taken over the asylum!

I can't believe this moronic voting system has allowed the Tory C*nts into power. More people voted against them than voted for them and yet this set of out of touch, greedy, money grabbing, lying, scumbag bastards have been elected. This country is going to be seriously f*cked by the time of the next election.

I think I may move back to Australia when my PhD is over and bugger the consequences.

All of my family is gutted by the news (OK, not my sodding brother, who probably voted fucking Tory). Mum is already forecasting the demise of the education system up to the age 16. I think it was already coughing up blood because of the way the changes have made so many new and long established teachers quit. The whole thing is close to collapse and this f*cking set of Tory C*nts are about to f*ck it up even more; not because they have any idea what they are doing but for pure political dogma.

The same, sadly applies to the NHS. I have already put on record that I believe it will no longer be free at source by 2020. The Tory C*nts don't care about public health or education they all use private provision and as such don't actually give a flying f*ck about me and you (Mr and Mrs Joe Public).

I was so upset this morning I went into work wearing a piece of black ribbon wrapped round my arm to symbolise both the demise of this nation and the death of democracy in this country.

We snuck off to Cumbria at lunchtime and found Dad also in a blue mood over the result. He was also talking about de-camping back to Australia regardless of whether or not he has a job available out there. When he said that I could see why Laura found my announcement of the same this morning so alarming. I quickly reassured her in my case it was my anger and sorrow talking for me, I wasn't so sure about Dad. He had been looking for work in WA for a couple of years now, maybe he will put more effort into it. I hope not.

As if to add insult to injury Uncle sodding Tom arrived this evening which means Loll won't be long behind. That sort of rules out the consolation of sex for a few days. She has decided to take a complete break from revision over the weekend, which I think is a brilliant idea.

After an evening drowning our sorrows down at the pub, in a crowd of similar minded family (Laura's lot) we hit the charp quite late and I discovered that my libido wasn't all that impaired after all ans a swift bought of scissoring brought me off quite nicely, giving me the leisure to focus entirely on Laura for quite a long time.


Saturday May 9th

Up with the larks and feeling a little better about the election.

I walked the entire pack up Tallentire Hill this morning and only got slight damp when the clouds decided to splash an insidious drizzle over us all.The dogs were oblivious as usual. The view from the trig point, despite it being cloudy, cheered me up no end. You have a great view down across the northern half of the Lake District from the Tall Hill Trig and I spent some time naming all the visible peaks.

After brekkers we visited Molly and Eric and had lunch there too. They are pleased that Laura's revision seems to be going well and are pleased she has decided to do an MA is she gets the result she needs. Loll is very confident she will, especially as all her assignment marks have been firsts so far. Stephen was a bit bemused by the fact she wanted to keep on studying instead of 'getting out there and earning some dough'. I tried to explain to him how student life was the most amazing liberating experience any one can have but he didn't get it. he is just 14 though and is probably more interested in his cock at the moment.

Loll told him how she'd be earning over £15K a year at the solicitors if she gets accepted on the MA course as she'll be doing a part time MA and XXX & Y have agreed to extend her hours accordingly.  When he realised she'd be getting about £1000 per month after  he was more interested.

Bocherini-Berio, Mendelssohn and Mahler: it seems the Halle have been performing this programme in a quite a few places over the country since April. I have copies of the Mendelssohn and Mahler at home but I have not heard the Ritirata notturna di Madrid before at all. I was quite pleasantly surprised by it, TBH. Some of the stuff I have listened to by Berio has been rather unpleasantly strident to my ears but obviously working with an original by Boccherini has restrained the impetuous Luciano somewhat. At just under 8 minutes it is one of those pieces which leaves you wanting even more. If I had a copy at home it is the sort of thing [like Pachelbel's canon] I could stick on repeat and never tire of it. The only thing in the piece I found grating and by the end I wanted to kill them was the bloody triangle player. I think having that bloody bent piece of metal tinging away throughout the whole piece was really unnecessary and definitely very very annoying!

The Violin Concerto was, as always sublime. I am a huge fan of Mendelssohn and I love the way you can play spot the other work in most of his pieces. I am not sure if musically that is good but it certainly is endearing.

I tend to think that Mahler 1 doesn't lead you to imagine the greatness that was to follow, rather like listening to Beethoven 1 in many respects.

Dad and Louisa were enthralled by it all, I am not sure Louisa really enjoys the classics as much as I do but she seemed appreciative. Laura was a classic virgin (and sexual virgin) when I first started dating her and she has come on in leaps and bounds in her appreciation, so there is hope for my step-mum. The whole concert definitely made us completely forget the diem horribila that was Friday!


Sunday May 10th

We got ourselves invited to a full Sunday Lunch at the Stag Inn, Crosby yesterday, joining the whole of the immediate Thomas Clan for a scoff and chat without anyone having to do all the cooking and or washing up! That is eleven of us altogether.

We met up at the pub rather than share lifts, which meant we could give Callie a good old romp on the beach at Allonby before pitching up at the pub. We had a good meal (I had roast beef) and a long, some times raucous chat and most of us commiserated about the sodding election result. West Cumbria stayed Labour, thank god, which we all found pleasing. Both Allerdale and Copeland are pretty much a safe red bet, even the disgraced Lib Dems held Barrow and District. It shows what sound, good sense the Cumbrian people have. LOL

We whizzed back to Dad's after lunch and sprawled on the sofa until mid-arvo when we zoomed back down the spine of England to Sheffield.

All systems are now go for the final push towards exams; Laura's and our GCSE pupils. Our final concert of the season is Schubert Symphony 3 and Beethoven's Choral; that is with the Warsaw Philharmonic next Friday. I will then be keeping my eyes peeled for the 2015-16 brochure appearing so we can book up once more.

I suspect my entries may get less detailed as the end of the academic year looms.

No comments:

Post a Comment