Sunday 15 February 2015

Laura takes the lead! Mmmmmm............

Monday February 2nd.
 We were still fired up by our London trip this morning and after our swim we spent an age chatting with Sarah about it. Once again she was amazed by the things we get up to, although, we do seem to concentrate most of our efforts on the weekend, as our weekdays nights have become somewhat snarled with our teaching commitments. Sarah asked if we could give the address of the East Coast Trains website so she could book tickets for cheapo trips to the Capital. She was caught up in our enthusiasm for the Mummies exhibition and you could see we had a convert to the Brit. Mu. Whether she actually goes through with anything remains to be seen, obviously.
 Most of the snow seems to be confined to the places where the sun doesn’t shine. No, stop it! I don’t mean that place. That’s just being naughty! We still had a day left on our Mega-Rider Tram tickets so we used those this morning but it does seem to slow us down in our commute. All of the dedicated parking spaces have been cleared at work, so we’ll probably drive all the way in tomorrow to see if my impression about the time it takes is wrong. I timed the journey from our front door to arriving at my broom cupboard and I will do the same tomorrow using the car. I have a feeling that, although I think it takes longer using the tram, it is actually about the same.
 Work, both at Uni and ‘Triple X and Why’ went as normal. Nothing surprising or unusual. I am starting the next series of lectures on Thursday so I did a lot of prep for that, mainly getting my Powerpoint ready and checking the learning objectives match the criteria I have been given.
 At Triple X I told Mrs Briggs about Mum’s new beau. She was quite sensible about the whole thing and is looking forward to casting her appraising eye over him on Saturday too – she’ll be at the same concert and we usually meet up in the circle bar for drinks at the interval. I did toy with the idea of playing a trick on the unsuspecting Tony, and pretending that Mrs Briggs was my partner and Laura was her daughter. I decided against it as that would be so unkind to do to someone when you first meet them, wouldn’t it? Laura gave my wrist a slap when I told her of my silly idea. She told me it was a wicked thing to do and would give this Tony person the completely wrong impression of what I was really like.
 I don’t deserve to be in love with someone this sensible, do I? She often is the voice of reason arguing against my stupid excesses. She is usually absolutely right too! When I got Callie I told my Scottish Gran I was expecting the patter of tiny feet in our house. Phew, was that an error of judgement? She didn’t speak to me for nearly a year afterwards and hung up on me whenever I called her. I actually undertook a pilgrimage to Hawick, in person, with Callie in tow to grovel at her door. I thought she was going to slam the door in my face when she saw who it was but luckily she didn’t. She did blame my Dad for my warped sense of humour and I am afraid to say I agreed with her and heaped the disapprobrium on his shoulders. Technically, she was right; he and I do share a similar anarchic (possibly self-destructive) streak in what we find funny.
 The visit of Trevor didn’t produce the same enthusiasm for the British Museum’s Mummy exhibition which it did in Sarah this morning. I put it down to his being a mathematician and therefore not into the finer things in life. I got another slap for that too. I hastily back-peddled and likened him to my brother instead. He and Trevor do share the same blinkered outlook on life. I just couldn’t believe that our obvious delight in what we’d seen wouldn’t have been as infectious in him as it was in Sarah. Life lesson learned there though, in spades! I had upset my beloved and remembered a truth I’d forgotten – people are different.
 I made it up to Laura after I walked Callie. She was impressed by my cunning linguistic skill! I have made a mental vow not to say anything without thinking if it will make her upset. My mouth just gets carried away with me at times. (This time you can take that the wrong way, if you wish!)

Tuesday Feb 3rd.

It is official. The journey to work is 5 minutes quicker using the tram. I didn’t believe it. I am going to time each day and produce an average time, instead. Laura said that is like asking for the best of three to become the best of five when you lose in a game of chance. She is right of course. Again.
 Spoke with Steve this morning on returning with Callie from our walk. He jumped out of his doorway as though he’d been waiting for me. (He had, as it happens.) It appears his mate will need to hang the muntjac for a bit longer before doing the necessary with his knives, as it was so fresh. (When I found it, the poor thing was still warm to the touch.) He will hang it until Friday, exsanguinate it and then cut it into joints. I am wondering what Laura’s reaction will be. She knows Steve and I went to move it, but she doesn’t know about the other stuff. Perhaps I should have told her there and then?  She eats the pheasant I shoot and the rabbits. She thought the pigeon pies I have made were wonderful so theoretically she should be OK with eating the deer. I can’t help feeling I have been stupid again.
 The full day at Uni passed with no alarms or worries. Felice and the science guy are being silly with each other again. It does my head in, all her pecadilloes but, again, that could be me being hypocritical. When I was an Undergraduate my sexual behaviour was much worse. I had a whole term of f*cking anything in trousers, after a few drinks. That would have been equally as distressing, I suppose, although I didn’t broadcast the facts among my peers with such abandon, the way Felice does. In fact the only people who knew I had opened my legs were the guys who, unexpectedly, found themselves between them. The male jungle telegraph seemed to work pretty quickly, however, which was one of the reasons I stopped “putting it about”.
 I suppose most people will have episodes in their past of which they are totally ashamed. Although, having known Laura for as long as I have (I have known her since she was about 8) I don’t believe her wardrobe has any skeletons at all. Mine is a pretty ‘rattley’ one to say the least.
 Olivia, tonight, was fired up by the descriptions of the Mummies and our reaction to them. Hoorah. She is still a 16 year old and so perhaps less cynical than Trevor. She has just started dating a guy called Ben which could be a distraction coming up to her GCSEs. Her Mum seemed fine with the idea, though, and called Ben a really nice boy. Oh heck. That would have been the kiss of death for me, if Mum had said that about any of my Boyfriends when I was at school.  She only knew about a few, fortunately, and she didn’t know what depraved things I used to get up to with them, which would have given her apoplexy – no doubt. With that playing in the back of my head, I broached the subject of contraception with Olivia when we’d finished our work for the night. She pretended to be shocked and then was really quite sensible. She hadn’t thought about ‘letting him yet’ (her words) but she had bought some condoms to keep in reserve. Sensible girl, I thought.
 They have only snogged so far but she had noticed he gets quite aroused when they do that. She doesn’t want to do anything about it though. I almost told her about me and Ian when we were 15 but decided that would be a step too far. I ended up spouting platitudes at her but that could be more than she has heard from her mother?
 Logic dictated I didn’t tell Laura about this. She reminded me of the conversations I have had with my niece Jill in Australia who is about the same age as Olivia and going through the same anxieties.

Wednesday Feb 4th
 100 lengths of the pool do get easier and easier once you are back into the swing of things. We seemed to be out of the water in no time and busy showering away. Back in the changing area Laura grabbed my arm and told me to get in the cubicle and stand on the bench. I was a bit surprised so I did what she said. She then proceeded to eat my important little place until I had to bite my towel to stop myself yelling out. I was all set to return the favour but she said, “Not here, back home!” Not used to being ordered about so peremptorily I did as I was told. We dried and dressed in Olympic record time and inside 10 minutes I was inside my love at home. Between licks and nibbles, I asked her what was going on and she said she’d had this sudden and overwhelming desire to have sex and she was gauging my reaction if she acted on her impulse.
 After we had both enjoyed each other’s treasures we chatted about the idea of just having sex when we felt like it, wherever we were. I am up for that or what? It seems she is too. So we have agreed that we will act on our impulses more often in the future. I have put a small vibrator in my tampon bag in my handbag so I can surprise her the next time we get the uncontrollable urge. Richard and I used to do this all the time, which has led to us almost being caught in flagrante a few times. I used to give him blow jobs and swallow the evidence (which is the one heterosexual thing I sort of miss). He used to love it and be scared of being caught in almost equal measure. I mean it was OK for me, I was still fully clothed and looking decorous, it was he who would have been apprehended with his penis on full view.
 My final prep for the next set of lectures is complete. I have probably over prepared like I did last time. I had so much stuff to present I ended up having to rapidly edit as I went along each week. I suppose that is better than having not enough material. I put a load of stuff on the Intranet for the students to access and download of they wish, always a good idea, I find.
 When Bobbi came tonight, Laura asked her if she’d be OK moving her night to Tuesday on a permanent basis. She agreed quite willingly. This is to free up a night in the week to go to the cinema, instead of relying on Fridays. Next week we are planning to see “Into the Woods” now that Bobbi agreed to the swap. We’ve already got tickets to see the 4pm showing of “Paddington” again on Friday evening. We liked it so much when we first saw it.
Bobbi’s reaction to the Mummy story was just the same as Olivia and Sarah’s so I am beginning to think it may be a man thing. Thinking of Mummies, I called Mum and we skyped for about an hour. She is really nervous about us meeting with Tony on Saturday. She sounded almost like a schoolgirl not a 60 something mother of three who should be able to take all this in her stride. I think she is worrying unnecessarily, TBH. I am not going to do anything to sabotage her happiness and I told her so. That seemed to make her visibly relax. She then spent ages wondering which outfit she should wear. She does have a lot to choose from. She is still a petite thing and has kept her figure really well. I am much more of a hefty person in comparison, taking my physique more from Dad than her. Suze is a half-pint too. Whilst Philip has taken Dad’s body shape and run with it. He is a good four inches taller than Dad, who at just over six foot himself is no midget.
I did wonder whether Mum’s worry was more about sex than clothes. There was no way on earth I was going ask her that, though. Not while she was still sober at least! Does a 62 year old still have sex? I know Dad does – how else would he be about to be a father once again? But does Mum? It is a gruesome thought and I am not going to dwell on it.

Thursday Feb 5th

Yet more evidence this morning that the tram is quicker than the car. It took us ten minutes more time than it did on Tuesday. Laura just laughed and said that had put paid a quick bonk in my broom cupboard. I asked why should it? So we hastened up and carefully shifted the desk to behind the door so that people just couldn’t walk straight in. The benefits of wearing skirts in a situation like this are pretty obvious and quite soon we were intimately involved with each other until there was a half knock at the door followed by a swift attempted opening of the same. This was accompanied by an “Ooof!” noise as the person trying to enter encountered the desk. I yelled out I was trying a new layout in the room. Felice’s voice came wafting through saying something too quickly in French for me to catch but which may have been, “Quelle connerie!”
Laura slipped her knickers back on and I stuffed mine into my handbag and then attempted to shift the desk round to the side wall allowing the door to open. Laura started giggling and said, “That’s where we put it the first time!”
Felice bounced into the room and saw the chairs stacked and the bookcase twisted round and I think she fell for the idea that I was attempting to gain more space in a 9’ x 7’ room. I pretended that I was fed up with the whole idea and that we should put it all back the way it was before we started. Feli helped and within a few minutes the room was back how it had been, and a bit more dusty, than before. She plopped herself down on to one of the unstacked stacking chairs and told me she had come to see if I was ready for eleven o’clock. I waved my folder at her and my memory stick and told her that I would bloody hope so with only a couple of hours to go. She smiled in that smug, gallic way of hers which is either charming or as annoying as hell depending on your mood, and told me that she wasn’t as organised as all that.
Laura gave me a swift peck on the cheek and whispered, “I need an orgasm…” before she left for her tutorial. Feli gave me the documents she was carrying and we poured over the copies of last week’s translations from the casket. We got so engrossed in dotting the ‘i’s and crossing the ‘t’s it rolled round to 10.40 before I knew it. My phone alarm reminded me and I wandered off in the direction of the room I was using.
Once again the butterflies disappeared as soon as I started talking. The students seemed attentive and they laughed in the places I hoped they would and a couple of times I hadn’t expected, which was a bit disconcerting. None of them fell asleep, or sneaked out when I wasn’t looking. The Q & A was as lively as before. I do get asked some odd questions though; which seem to have no relevance whatsoever to the topic of the lecture. Perhaps it is a kind of undergraduate game played against the tutors without their knowledge or comprehension. We used to do something similar when I was an undergrad. Perhaps I am making them seem smarter than they are?
At lunch Laura reappeared with a couple of sandwiches and a selection of crisps. I flicked my door sign to ‘out’. Locking the door, we resumed our intimacy where we had been interrupted by our mad French woman friend. After the owed orgasms were duly delivered I made a pot of tea, unlocked the door and we scoffed our lunch. We don’t usually do this at work, it was a deliciously different change to our routine.
Triple X and Why this afternoon was more of the same really. (No, not having sex with Laura.) I had a search for case law to do and was helped by Sue for most of the afternoon. Mrs B was out somewhere which is quite unusual. Laura admonished me as she could tell I was still thinking about playing my trick on Tony.
 Our meal tonight was a delicious and huge toad in the hole with sausages from the butcher at Ecclesfield whom we use for a lot of our meats.
Sally and Jenny-Leigh were on time for their lessons and even they were impressed by our description of the Brit. Mu. exhibition. I think our straw poll of reactions has proved it wasn’t being a mathematician which made Trevor such a boring old fart about the Mummies it was his gender. Sally thought it was a hoot that we found his reaction such an enigma. She left us with a delicate bombshell of an idea planted in our brains, “You do know that he fancies both of you so much? It drives him mad that you are gay and he has no chance at all.” Well, thanks a lot Sally!




No comments:

Post a Comment